91 Jetta cruise control...

.. on my 91 Jetta Diesel (440,000 km and running great) all of a sudden the cruise control does not work anymore. It has been extremely accurate until it stopped. The rubber diaphragm is in good shape but wonder if there are any electrical components that may be the culprit.

Another project is the factory installed aircondition I want to remove because it's not working anymore and takes up space needed when changing belts, oil etc. I have removed everything except the compressor which is needed because of the pulley to drive the other belts. If anyone has modified as well I be interested to hear about.

Also, am thinking of changing the oil in the gearbox to synthetic, but even the local VW dealer does not seem to be sure how much it holds unless they drain it and replace (for around $ 200.00 Huh) haha...I don't think so.

Thank you for any information,

cheers, Norbert

Reply to
sailornappo

Fuse for your Cruise Control?

A local shop will drain and refill your gearbox oil for a reasonable price... synthetic should make those occasional shift clunks disappear and give you a better overall gearbox feel- Just be sure to use the weight that VW recommends. There's really no reason to go to the dealer for that procedure (or most, for that matter) unless you have lots of disposable income that you don't mind wasting.

Reply to
Ears

and use the right type!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

On your cruise control problem. Check the vacuum line that goes to your brake pedal switch. It is pretty common to find that broken. If it is broken...cruise will not work.. cheers

Reply to
TDI_Guy