91 Jetta: Steering column shakes at 55-65mph

91jetta/GL, 253,000miles.

after I have the driver side cv-joint boot replaced, its steering column started shaking at 55-65mph. The mechanic tried to solve this by balancing the front wheels, retightening the axle nuts. But it's still the same. I wonder if it's aero-dynamic in nature. But don't know what to look at.

Anyone experienced similar before, mind sharing some tip?

thanks a lot. Ben

Reply to
Benjamin F. Zhou

lift and support the front end well. drive the car at 55 mph and see whats shaking. ;-)

dave