'92 Eurovan reverse suddenly stopped working

Reverse suddenly stopped working in my '92 Eurovan camper. It has the five cylinder engine, automatic transmission, 190,000 km. No indication of mechanical break... A used tranny will cost $6000 so I really need to investigate repairing what I have. I hope this is an electrical problem. Any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
phil