92 GTi oil temp high

I don't remember the last time I checked, though I frequently cycle through the computer as I drive, but today the oil temp, at highway speeds, was pushing 260F, which is much higher than I've ever seen. What could be causing this?

FWIW, I had the belts replaced today. The H2O temp was a little higher than usual.

Reply to
Dave

How hot was it outside? And were you running fast under load? I can't remember, does yours have a factory oil cooler? The oil usually picks up the majority of it's heat from the pistons from combustion.

Reply to
Woodchuck

It was about 65-70 degrees out. I was driving 75MPH, or so. I turned around and drove home. I got off the highway and drove at 40-45MPH, during which the temp was around 230F, which is still much hotter than it usually gets, even on hot days.

I'm wondering if there's a problem w/the coolant flowing to/thru the oil cooler. Tomorrow I'll check for a crimped line, or something.

Reply to
Dave