'92 Jetta Diesel keeps throwing fans belts (Help!)

I've never seen anything like this before.The installed belt seems nice and tight,and goes flying off anywhere from going 1 mile down the road,to a couple of weeks. I've tried new two different alternators.Same problem.I've installed quite a few belts and never had a problem like this.Any ideas?

Reply to
Nevermind

have you also replace the Pulley on the Crane-shaft. It is usually a Double Mass with Rubber build-in. It last same as the Belt!

Reply to
Igel

Does it fly off or do you hear a squeal and then notice the alternator light?

In my case ( 1992 Passat 2 .0 l ) the alternator belt runs from the double pully on the A/C and it is hard to get much tension on it when installing a belt. Therefore I install the belt then after about 1 day, re-tension the belt again.

Igel@Büro wrote:

Reply to
ronh