92 jetta loses power while on highway-does not stall

Hi

My 92 jetta-gas engines loses power while driving on the highway. It forces me to pull over but once I shut it off it will restart and eventually drive again ( not always on the first try). It also has trouble starting in the morning if I haven't driven it for 48hrs. and it is damp. My mechanic has replaced spark plugs, wires, cap etc. and also a fuel filter. It has not solved the problem. Any suggestions guys- I really would like to keep this car for another year if possible.

Thanks Jenn

Reply to
jenn

Car is fixed. Problem turned out to be the O2 sensor. Now I won't need the shoes-I'll just drive. Thanks for the info.

Jenn

Reply to
jenn