92 Jetta TD, no reverse lights

Hi:

I have a 1992 Jetta TD.

When I shift into the reverse gear, the reverse lights at the rear of car don't come on. I have checked the fuse panel, slot number 14, the 15 amp fuse is OK, even switched it with another good 15 amp fuse. The bulbs are OK as well, even switched them with the turn signal bulbs as well, but no luck.

Any ideas what more I could look for?

Thanks in advance,

AJ.

Reply to
AJ

Is this a manual transmission? I used to find the switch that goes into the transmission would either fail or wear out. The older cars without the shift light had a simple plunger switch, but the ones with the shift light have this complicated thing with a bunch of fingers on it. They seem particularly prone to annoying failures, and they're not cheap.

Reply to
Andrew Sullivan

Depends what you mean by 'cheap'. Just ordered one myself for this same problem (I believe I've diagnosed it that far...).

Online here:

Searched a few other VW places online, but couldn't find this part. If anyone knows of a better place, please educate.

Reply to
lamerfreak