93 Golf - Rear Wheel Noise

On my 93 I have a strange "scrubbing" noise that I get, sometimes, on my rear driver side wheel, mainly when I turn right at higher speeds.

Ideas? Doesn't have a typical wheel bearing problem to it, and only happens sometimes.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Morton

I had something similar, and it was the rear caliper pins. They were all rusty, and the calipers weren't sliding well enough. I brushed off all the rust, and put some new grease on them, and the problem went away.

Reply to
Kurtis Daniels

Turns out it was the rear inner wheel bearing. It was shot, as well as out of torque, so once it was torque back right, it became pretty evident that it was shot since it sounded like someone chewing a mouth full of rocks.

Reply to
Glenn Morton

Torque? You mean hand tight right? You should still be able to move the washer by prying it with a screwdriver. If you can't, it's too tight.

Reply to
Peter Parker