93 Passat GLX power steering pump.

Hi. I was pulling into my friends driveway the other day and I starting hearing a loud screech. I thought it might be a wheel bearing but after I stopped, I turned the wheel back and forth and heard it screech again. Upon driving home, the power steering failed. I was driving 65 down the NYS Northway which is really straight and didn't notice it failed till I hit Albany when I realized how hard it was to turn. Now, everytime I try to find something on this car, the 93 GLX, it usually isn't accurate. I was wondering if anyone has the procedure to change the Power Steering pump? Is there a possibility that I might damage the rack if I drive it a little?

Any info about this is much appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Zuman