94 Jetta GL power sunroof problem

I have a 94 jetta, and the Power sunroof is not closing all the way. As far as I can tell the leftside of the window is prematurly going into tilt mode, before it slides forward all the way. This is causing it to ride up and jam on the roof. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix the problem.

Much thanks, Travis

Reply to
Travis

The whole thing runs on a cable track. Sounds like it's misaligned, or there's something wrong with the mechanism.

To align it, you really need a shop manual. Too many details to describe here. Bentley's got the info, probably the other ones too.

If that doesn't fix it, you'll need to drop the headliner to pull out the mechanism and mess with it. Nothing hard, but it's a PITA.

Mark '95 Jetta GLS

Reply to
Mark Randol