94 VW Golf 2.0 Remote?

Hi Again!!

I bought my car used 94 VW Golf 100,000 miles. I love it!! Besides the snapped antenna. But It didn't come with the keyless remote. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? I'm in Massachusetts. TIA

Reply to
moirajk
94's didn't have them from VW as OEM. But, VW did offer them as a add-on.
Reply to
Woodchuck

Ehanks Woodchuck.......do you know by who???

Thanks again :-)

Reply to
moirajk

Does the car have power lock actuators in all doors, including the driver's door, or is it like in the A2's where the driver's door had no actuator (manually operate the driver's lock with key or knob, and the other doors would follow)?

I have installed two of these:

in an A2, and they work well. At $39.95 it is probably cheaper thananything OEM you can find. Like any keyless remote, it does require actuators in all the doors that you plan on remotely locking and unlocking. If your car is so equipped, you are all set. If not, head for the junk yard. If the A3 uses the same pneumatic system as A2, you can harvest parts from most Audis and VWs (and some Mercedeses) from that era. What I had to do was harvest a passenger side actuator (actuator but no switch) and combine with my existing driver's side unit (switch, but no actuator) into one unit with both switch and actuator. Some Audis came with the parts already combined. On A2's, making the right type actuator from parts is just a questing of snapping together plastic parts and rubber membranes.

moirajk wrote:

Reply to
Randolph

I doubt that a 94 had a keyless remote. Wake up....

Reply to
Peter Parker