94 VW Golf clutch plate

Can someone help me please i am in the middle of changing my clutch and did not look to see which way the clutch plate came out can anyone help dose the thik part of the plate with the extra springs face the fly wheel or the gear box Regards Kenny

Reply to
KC01

The pressure plate should face the flywheel, don't you think? First off if you are DIYing the first time, you should have the Bentley manual which would show you the assy diagram and the torque values. The Haynes would be a good suppliment service manual IMHO.

Reply to
Peter Parker