95 Jetta Center Vent removal - how to?

The "left/right" vent control in my center vent console fell back into the inside of the vent housing. Can I remove just the vent or do I need to remove the entire housing? How do I remove just the center left vent?

Reply to
PK

What a pain...I went thru this with the leftmost vent (the one all the way to the left side) on a friend's '95 Jetta. The vent grille is clipped in there but IIRC it put up quite a fight to remove it. I did eventually remove it though but sorry I don't remember the specifics on how it was clipped in there. We then fished out the broken parts and then replaced it with a new vent grille.

Reply to
Matt B.