95 Passat Security System

Problem: Security light on the driver's side door flashes normally for about 30 seconds. Then it flashes more rapidly (about twice as fast). The alarm (horn) sounded at 6 AM yesterday. Does ayone know what the cause could be? How can I permanently disable the alarm system, other than opening the trunk lid prior to locking, then closing the trunk lid? Where are the switches located that operate the alarm from the trunk? Return e-mail is OK. Thanks, George

Reply to
George

Alarm switches for each door, trunk, hood Trunk alarm switch will be on the latch/lock

you can bypass the alarm module and jump the wires for the starter if needed!

Here are two Passat specific yahoo groups you can join. snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Thanks. I disabled the alarm by finding the switch under the hood, and moving it so it can't be touched by the hood. The doors can be locked, but the alarm light doesn't light. George

Reply to
George