96 Jetta GLX tire pressure and new tires questions

Can anybody tell me the correct tire pressure for this vehicle? I know it varies depending on load. The car has 205/50R15 tires and the placard is missing from the inside of the gas tank door where it used to be because the car was in an accident and the body shop replaced the door.

This tire size is hard to find and there is limited selection. Is there another more common size that would fit on this vehicle without changing out the wheels?

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
williamregan

I have 195/60/14 and use 32 front and 34 rear. I like it stiff...

Reply to
Eduardo K.