96 Passat VR6 spark plug gap

I am posting this for my service manualless friend. Does anyone know the spark plug gap for a 96 Passat VR6? The shop where he bought the plugs told him the NGK plugs were gapped at .028, out of the box I measured about.050 for all six and the ones I pulled out of his car were about the same.

Thanks

snipped-for-privacy@ee.washington.edu

remove the AT before replying

Reply to
Scott Campbell

My Bentley manual says for the VR6 (AAA engine) NGK BKR 5 EKU, gapped at

0.7mm which is 0.028 in

Guido

Reply to
Guido Lepore