97 Cabrio maintenance questions

I am planning to do some of the maintenance on my 97 cabrio and I have a few questions. In the service manual I purchased, it mentions the different types of transaxles and how there are different procedures for servicing them. The types include 010 and 096 "Phase 1" transaxles, and 01M "Phase II" transaxles. How do I know which one my car has? I have looked through the maintenance manual that came with my car, and havn't found anything.

Also, I have found that my engine has a great amount of grime caked all over it, as if oil had spilt all over everything. Is this normal for a car going

+90,000 miles? Should I attempt to clean it or just leave it as it is? Finally, my car is leaking coolant, but I can't figure out where it's leaking from. I can clealy see coolant sitting on top of the engine block behind the valve cover near the firewall, but I can't tell where it is leaking from. When I run the engine, I don't see any drippage at all, yet I am refilling the coolant resivoir once every two weeks. Can someone advise me on how to diagnose this?

Finally, does anyone know of any websites specific to my car that have owners information on maintenance, etc?

Thanks, Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Halterman