'97 Jetta - 3rd Brake Light dead / Programming alarm transmitter

I'm the proud new owner of a very used GLX V6. After getting the car home and looking at things closer I found that the 3rd brake light does not work. The light fixture is fine but I'm getting no power from the wire so was wanting to troubleshoot that. Does anyone know where I might find the other end to make sure it has a good connection? (I hope this is not too lame of a question). I'm guessing up under the dash on the drivers side...

I also found in the glove box an unopened bag containing a alarm transmitter. I'd like to program it so that I can use. The bag had a part number on the bag "PRO 94BT2" FCC ID:ELVAT5B. I found the manual at

But it says put the key in the on position and then switch the valet switch on/off 3 times and then push the 1st button. I don't see and don't think I have a valet switch! Help.

Thanks.

JB

Reply to
jbyy4u