97 jetta biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig problem plz help

yo guys i got a 97 jetta worked fine for a while, now its playing games with me. everytime it rains or when i have the airconditioning on the engine turnes off even if im driving. is it an electrical problem or what?.....what should i do :cry:

Reply to
italianman1987

disclaimer: I know nothing about the FI systems on those newfangled (read: post-CIS) cars other than messing with a Corrado G60 occasionally... BUT...

is there some kind of idle stabilizer valve that needs to be cleaned? or something that lets extra air into the intake when the A/C is switched on? (note: this only applies if it dies when the engine tries to return to idle)

just a thought

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

YO... dude! Try replacing the ignition coil, plug wires, cap and rotor.

Regards, YO Dude..

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Woodchuck

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
Check the distributor, the rotor, and the distributor cap. Replace them if they have not formally been replaced.

Reply to
Pierre_Is_Very_Germane

Happened to my wife's 96 Jetta 4 cyl. It was the ignition switch. Notorious problem. Replace the electrical part of the switch from underneath the dash. There is a small screw holding it in. Good Luck.

italianman1987 wrote:

Reply to
David Sykes