97 Jetta (DIESEL) CRUISE acting up like all the rest of them

Hi I have read most of the posts with cruise control problems,not to many with the diesel.

Mine is a 97 jetta 1.9 and somedays it works ,and some days nothing.

When it does work I can hear the relay pull in , down below the front corner inside the car. As long as the relay stays in the cruise will work.

When it is cruiseing all is fine,then it justs drops out of cruise mode.There seems to be no reason From 1 mile to 60 miles usually after about 20 miles BANG drops out It seems to surge just a bit befor it happends. .

IF I try again to set cruise on , there is NO click from the relay.

Mabey after 1 hr driving and I try again ,then the relay clicks again and it works for awhile.

** Does anyone know where the speed sensor is for the cruise.????????????????.

I am sure there is power going through the cruise switch, because I wait until I am in a tunnel with the radio on AM(siganl lost )) and I can hear the contact of the switch being made .

So what allows the relay to pull in???????????????? If it cannot sense speed siganl from the wheels.

Is the controller for the cruise electronic, or is it more simple

Where is the servo contoll for the car located.

thanks for any help

please reply to the group

thanks

Reply to
Captain Kirk

I would look at the safety lock outs. Brake, clutch.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
Hepburn