97' Jetta DRL's and Heater Fan shut off unless ignition is fully turned on

Hello All, I have a 97 Jetta that will not start the running lights and heater/ cooler fan, rear defrost light when normal ignition turn is used. If you giggle the key or turn the key to a full turn position everything will function. This has become a real pain because I can not drive and hold the key while driving a manual. Is this the ignition? I just recently had it replaced a year ago and slowly this problem has gotten worse. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Cheaper the fix the better! Thanks again!

-Brett

Reply to
BC

I am not sure what an ignition is, but I suspect your problem is the ignition switch.

Having two go bad could be just bad luck or it could be a lot of keys and things hanging on your key chain.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

IMHO yes it should be the ign switch Please buy from the dealer $34 The aftermarket ign switches sometimes don't last. I tried an aftermarket ign switch and it lasted maybe 1 week. The original one I rebuilt almost lasted 1 year, but so far the new one from the dealer has been great for almost 2 years.

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1