'97 Jetta GLX Fact. Alarm questions

I bought my car used and it didn't come w/ the owner's manual for the vehicle. It came w/ a clifford keyless entry system that I was told was factory. I would first of all like to know if anyone knows if this is indeed true. If it is I would also like to know how the darn thing works. It only has 3 buttons on it and all I can seem to do is open the trunk w/ one of the buttons. If anyone knows of how to program it that would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
teamoreca31

VW did offer a add-on alarm but from memory it had 4 buttons on the fob.

Reply to
Woodchuck