97 jetta transmission

I have a 97 jetta with a manual transmission. I need to put more transmission fluid in it but I cannot find where the fill hole is at. I found the drain plug and that is it. I was told by someone who used to work on volkswagens that it was in the rear of the transmission but I did not find it there. There is a plug under where the clutch cable runs down the transmission but I dont want to put any fluid in it until I know where the fill hole is at for sure. Can anyone help please?

Reply to
PlayDoh419

The fill hole should be on the left side of the tranny.

Take the left front wheel off and you will see a 17 mm plug (same size as the drain) on that end of the tranny.

DC

Reply to
David Cotie

Thanks for the help!!