97 VR6 Golf: AIRBAG MALFUNCTION LIGHT

I had a steering problem. I had to remove the steering wheel.

On reassembly I left off a airbag part and the airbag light stays on.

I since fixed the problem but the light stays on.

VW wants 70 to reset the airbag malfunction light. No other local shop has equipment to reset it.

Does anyone know how to reset the airbag light?

Reply to
clock

Anyone who can scan the airbag ECU should be able to clear the fault.

Reply to
Woodchuck

I would suggest you invest in a VAG COM. If you have a laptop (P100 or better) then you can get the UNI COM interface and full software for $200 plus shipping.

At $70 a pop from the dealer, use the VAG COM 3 times and it has paid for itself.

I use the VAG COM software daily at work and I can say first hand it works better than the clunky tools VW/Audi has.

Later.

Reply to
Pencilneck