98 Jetta GLX - Kombi Valve Replacement

I have a 98 Jetta GLX VR6 and it's throwing the 0413 code (not 100% sure about that code number). My mechanic says it is probably the kombi valve but it's expensive and a mother to replace.

Anyone have experience with this diagnosis and/or changing the valve?

Reply to
HanKdKranK

First thing to check is the vacuum line from the solenoid to the kombi vlave. If that's good then check the solenoid. If that's good finnaly the kombi.

Reply to
LM

Reply to
HanKdKranK

Solenoid is under the intake. Must put car in service position to access. I have never done a kombi on this engine. Usually those don't fail, its the control system or pump that fails.

Reply to
LM

Reply to
HanKdKranK