98 Jetta GT Dome Light

I have a 98 Jetta GT. recently the dome light will not go out when the car is off. when the car is started and all doors are closed, the light goes out right away. once the car is shut off and keys removed, i close all doors and the dome light remains on. (unless i manually shut it off). i know its not a switch problem because of the light turning off when the car is running. i think it may be the delay timer module in the dome light but i am not sure. any ideas?

Reply to
The Burns

I checked the wiring diagrams and the only thing that seems to control the time is the dome light itself. There isn't a relay or external controller - so its most likely the dome light unit. Does the radio turn off when the key is removed? If not then the ignition switch - electrical portion is probably at fault - with a stock radio when the key is in not turned on the radio should work. If the radio shuts off with the key removed then I'd replace the light module.

Reply to
Stephen Timinski