98 jetta headlight switch removal

I want to replace the keyless remote module in my 98 jetta gl and need to pull out the headlight switch. I took out the little plastic panel to the left of the switch and three screws. It still feels stuck on the right hand side and I didn't want to break plastic twisting it out before checking here. Is there another screw, and how do I get to it? Thanks, Tom

Reply to
tomr

Posted my question too quickly since I just found that the switch pops out easily by pushing the rear corners; the screws are holding the trim around the swtich and the 4th screw is behind the switch. The trim may not need to be removed. I'm new at this obviously and am working from the instructions in this link:

case anyone else needs them. Ordered a module and two key fobs from

tomr

How much did you pay for the module and keyfobs? I have a 95 GTI and would love to have the remote unlocking functions. Thanks.

Reply to
stim141