98 VW immobilizer

My VW 2000 Auto Wagon cut out on me whilst driving. Thankfully in town and at a low speed, so I was able to get into a park. Got the garage to come and get it. Seems the problem is intermittent. They took it to an Auto Electrician. His answer was-"nothing wrong with it." Great if that's true, but I have this niggle that the problem may reoccur. The garage suggested it was the -Immobiliser. Sound right?? Any answers out there?? Regards

Reply to
wayne arthur