99 Jetta P0303 Engine code Spark plug #3

We had a P0303 code on our 99 Jetta, some time ago, but check engine light did not turn on, and engine seemed to run ok. No miss noticeable miss fires. Yesterday we changed the spark plugs, at 69k miles, now we get a P0303 code again, but now is missing noticeably under load, heavy accel. The wires all measure 65k ohms. The only thing that moved around were the ignition wires, but they seem to measure ok, not open. Any ideas?

Reply to
Mercury

Wires should only have about 5K ohms the last time I checked. Start with new cap, rotor, wires.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Thanks. It was the cables. Replaced, now it is Golden.

Reply to
Mercury