99 Pasatt check engine light

My 99 Passatt 1.8 check engine light came on two months ago. The car ran fine up until a few days ago. I checked the code on an older checker (when it origionaly came on ) and the fault was # 1 cyl misfire. I replaced the plugs, air cleaner and swapped the coils from # 1 to #2 cyl. I manually cleared the fault. It came on again a few days later. I checked the code at Auto Zone, their checker came up with " Manufacture air-fuel metering control." Any ideas before breaking down and take an expensive trip to the dealer? The car stalled once, slowing up while approaching a traffic light. Its been running ok the last two days. The oxogen sensors are very expensive to change as a trial and error method. Not knowing what voltage they are supposed to be sending to the computer.

Help!!! Jerry

Reply to
Jerry