'99 Passat beeps at startup

Since the temperatures here dropped below -20 my '99 passat (80k miles) gives 3 beeps right after I start it in the morning. It's not the icy road indicator, that's not supposed to come on when this cold. No warning light or anything lights up on the dashboard.

The first morning it happened the low coolant light was also blinking. Checked under the hood and the coolant is at the LOW mark. Doesn't seem to be a leak, but could it be that the fluid just contracts quite a bit in these low temperatures?

Otherwise it does fine in the cold.

Reply to
Baudolino