A/C Controls Light

I think my light is blown on my AC controls... impossible to see in the dark... :) Anyway does anyone know how to access this bulb and where I can get the bulb to replace it? I have a 2001 Jetta. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Derek Williamson

Derek Williamson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m-mac.com:

If you pull the fan switch knob (straight out, you'll probably need a pair of pliers and a rag to cover them with), you can see the bulb in the center. A short length of vacuum line will grab the bulb, and you just need to pull it straight out. Installation is the reverse of removal.

Reply to
Dan Brown

Ah, thank you so much! I will try this tommorow.

Reply to
Derek Williamson

dark... :) Anyway does anyone know how to access this bulb and where I can get the bulb to replace it? I have a 2001 Jetta. Thanks for your help.

Hey Derek. Have the same problem with my 2001 jetta gls tdi. Talked to the dealer and it is a common problem to them and takes about 15 minutes to fix it. I am going to do mine by myself and let you know in a week or so. I can be contacted at

Laurie Osmond

Reply to
Laurie Osmond

dark... :) Anyway does anyone know how to access this bulb and where I can get the bulb to replace it? I have a 2001 Jetta. Thanks for your help.

2001 Jetta gls TDI auto trans. Heater control light burnt out. Quick fix!!! Go to the dealer and ask them for a bulb for your heater A/C control. This bulb is very small and cost about $2.00 Once you have the bulb you pull the middle knob of your heater control. The middle knob is the one that turns on the heater fan (settings are 0,1,2,3,4) It's a little hard to remove with just your hands but it can be done. Grip on to the knob with your fingers, squeeze and pull with some force. It will pull straight out. Now you will see the bulb in the center of the control. With a needle nose pliers grip on to the bulb (not to hard, try not to brake it). The bulb will pull straight out. Grip on to your new bulb with your needle nose pliers and insert it into its slot. Be sure to line up the bulb when you put it in. You may have to push it in with the end of your pliers. Now turn on the lights and it will light if it is in properly. Push your knob back in to its slot. The knob will only go in one way!!! Be sure to line it up. That's it, Your done.

e-mail or call Any questions you can contact me at

Laurie Osmond Halifax NS snipped-for-privacy@ns.sympatico.ca

Reply to
Laurie Osmond