A/C Problem

I'm trying to figure out why the A/C on my 93 Fox is not working.

Firstly, all but the high settings on the fan don't work... so (according to the Bentley manual) I think THAT problem is a bad series resistor (I have yet to test it).

Aside from the fan, the A/C doesn't blow cold. Now, I don't even know if the compressor is working. Can anyone tell me how to test it, I don't even know where it's located, so you could start there :-).

Now, if the compressor isn't working could a bad relay be the problem? If so, can I test this (the relay OR somehow bypass the relay to see if compressor turns on)???

Any help would be apprecitated. Also, I'm new to DIY, so be gentle :-)

Reply to
99 C1V1C