A1 shift linkage help

Anyone have a link for instructions on how to install/align a 5-spd A1 shift kit? Or help me with installation. I installed the kit, everything not just bushings and shift rods, the whole shebang. But, still cant get into reverse or 5th. I tried aligning the shifter base, no help. The tranny goes into gears just fine when I unhook and shift by hand at the tranny, so it's not the tranny. It just seems like there is not enough throw/range of motion in the shifter. DO I need to adjust the rod length. I'm at odds with this, and just can't seem to find good directions. All help appreciated.

Thanks!

Duke

Reply to
dukecola

Are you sure you got the 5-spd kit? There's a little difference between the

5 and 4-spd. One of the ball joint link is shorter on the 5-spd. If all is okay then shift the base left or right in small increments.

SFC

"dukecola" schreef in bericht news:w5mdnfgPp6pZf4zVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
SFC

To lazy to get the manual out. I thought the base was aligned using a dril bit in some holes. All adjustments are done starting with 13 millimeter gap and then rod position.

Who's kit and what do you mean by everyth>Are you sure you got the 5-spd kit? There's a little difference between the

Reply to
Jim Behning

Chubster

Reply to