A2 gauge cluster options?

Im wondering which Gauge clusters I can plug into a 90 8V GTI Golf? I want to go from 120 to 140 so I can use the overlays I have but have no way to tell which if the unidentified clusters in the boxes of them at the swaps I can use.

Any pointers would be helpful, these seem to be going for $$ so I want to make sure Im getting something that will work.

Thanks,

Reply to
Keith Park

If you can get your hands on any 140MPH speedo cluster (or even the rare

160MPH unit), you can take the speedo part out and use it to replace the current 120MPH unit. It is a pretty simple swap to do, only takes about 5 minutes to get the speedo head free from the gauge cluster asm.

For details on how to seperate the speedo head from the rest of the cluster, jump over to:

There are 2 links at the top of that page that detail removing the cluster from the car and opening up a gauge cluster asm.

H> Im wondering which Gauge clusters I can plug into a 90 8V GTI Golf? I want

Reply to
Pencilneck