A2 Jetta / Golf Cruise Control - speed sensor.

I just picked the cruise control out of a 1986 Jetta GL (Wolfsburg?) at the junkyard today ($40 for everything!). The donor car did not have the MFA. I will transplant the cruise control into a 1987 GTi with MFA. The speed sensor on the Jetta was integrated into the mileage counter box (the one that is mounted in-line with the speedometer cable and turns on the OX light every 30 k miles) above the brake master cylinder.

My question is: On A2 cars with MFA and cruise, does the cruise control get its signal from the speed sensor mounted at the back of the instrument cluster (the same one used by the MFA) or does it still use a speed sensor integrated into the OX light mileage counter box?

TIA

Reply to
Randolph

Randolph

On european A2s they use the same, there are two types of sensor inserts for the speedo, one for cruise or GALA (speed dependend volume control on factory radio) only, and the "better" one for cars w/ MFA. The one for the MFA is then used for the other systems too. But then again european A2s do not have those "mileage counter box (the one that is mounted in-line with the speedometer cable and turns on the OX light every 30 k miles) above the brake master cylinder"...

Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Braune

Thanks, Ingo. Just the info I needed.