A2 Jetta overdrive swap

I am interested in swapping the overdrive(5th) gear in my tranny for a .75(.80) overdrive gear.

I have done a little reading, and from what I can determine the diesel tranny has this gear in it.

What all do I need to successfully accomplish this? Obviously the new gear(s), a new cover gasket.

What else? Would like to have a complete list when I start looking for parts.

thanks

JW

Reply to
cyberzl1

I asked the same question on vwvortex.com a while back. doesn't look impossible but does look like it involves some degree of courage and patience:

Matt B.