A5 Washer Nozzles

Don't have the Bentley for the '08 yet, and the dealer is on the other side o' town, and this seems simple enough, yet...

They seem to spray awfully low. Only really wet the lower 1/3 to 1/2 of the windshield. Looks like a socket head hex adjuster screw so I get out the hex key set and WT? None of the metric or SAE sized ones I have fit.

Anyone know what size the adjuster is? Where the spray pattern is supposed to be centered?

TIA, Mark

Reply to
Mark

You will need a set of "ignition wrenches" - they come in fractional metric and inch sizes depending on your application. A high-quality (non-Chinese) set will set you back some disproportionately high dollars (about US$25+ for ten tiny wrenches in a plastic pouch) but well worth it when it comes to fiddly-tiny stuff. My sets runs from

2mm (TINY!) to 10mm (and 1/16" - 3/8"), are double-ended box-types and in mostly odd-sizes, two different sizes per wrench. Open-ended and open/box sets are also available. The open/box sets include many more pieces and are substantially more expensive, of course.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says some BS...

Er, no. At least on mine, it's a T10 torx SHCS. Finally took a closer look at it. Forgot durn small torx sockets sometimes don't work with normal sized hex keys.

They may not be aimed correctly, but they're closer.

Mark '08 Jetta SEL

Reply to
Mark

OK... I misread. But ignition wrenches are handy tools for small stuff in any case. I use mine about 2 x per year - however when I do, nothing else will do.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw