"ABS" and "brake" dash lights on 96 cabrio; if they stay on, AC doesn't work

I've had the above problem with my 96 cabrio for some time now; if those two lights stay on after starting the car, the AC, and windshield wipers don't work. If I start the car, and those lights go off normally, everything is fine. After about 5 minutes, the lights always go off, and at that time, everything works normally. The problem is worse when it's cold (well, cold for Florida). Has anyone else experienced these symptoms? Any ideas as to what the problem might be? I just replaced the ignition switch, so that's not it.

thanks, bruce

Reply to
bruce racicot

I had that happen to my 90 corrado. When both light are on means DO NOT DRIVE, ABS pump not working(not enough pressure in the system). Thankfuly it wast the ABS pump.When I turned the ac on , the battery would get drained (due to the rad fan) and the would be not enough for the ABS pump. It turned out being the alternator not charging as it was supposed to.

Reply to
Eduardo B.