ac swap out

I have an 81 vw caddy (truck) diesel. I am swapping out the air conditioning unit because it puts way too much draw on the motor and an ear on the ac housing was broken. Anyway the bracket that goes into place for the non ac diesel motors mounts up to where the old bracket went underneath the inj. pump. Once I thighten the new bracket into place will that keep the coolant from leaking out? And will the motor run cooler without the ac unit and ac radiator in place? Thanks, E

Reply to
Brigbilder