Adjusting Steering Play

I have a small clunk while turning the steering wheel at low speeds. According to my Bentley manual, I might need to adjust the steering play. I have the TRW rack, according to the diagram. It requires a special tool, VW

524. Does anyone know anything about this tool? Is it just a big allen wrench end on something? Does anyone know of a substitute that can be used?

I don't want to buy a tool like this for what will probably be for one use only.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Dowdell