Advice needed-Coolant amount

What percentage of coolant to water for a Golf Driver 1.6 1990?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Vw Golfer

Read the instructions on the product's container. It likely will give different mixes for different expected low temperatures.

Make sure you are using a coolant compatible with your car. I don't think it was a problem in 1990, but it is today with some cars.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan
50-50 will get you to -34*F. If you need lower than that then move south because it's just too cold for any living body.
Reply to
Woodchuck

Unless it is pre-mixed. :-)

There are so many new formula stuff out there, I am not sure that the old 50:50 mix is still correct for all of them. You may know, but I offer this warning in the event you had not considered that. That is why I suggested consulting the information on the original container.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Correct, always pays to READ the container of what ever stuff one uses. But then again I would like to see more read the cars owners manual.

Reply to
Woodchuck

I would be happy if more of them even knew they had a manual.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Yep. Time to move down to Mayorca...

Reply to