Advise for 16v Turbo Hose routing

Hi, 88 16v turbo Scirocco question.

I've been having problems with my Coolant tanks exploding because of my turbo system. Basically, the water hose from the turbo runs directly into the Coolant tank and it's to hot and causing the seams to break on the reservoir tank. So, after having my mechanic look at it he explained the problem to me. Then he told me to run the return hose from the radiator back to the return/coolant tank instead of running it to the turbo and having that go to the coolant tank.

He then went on to show me a hose on the front of the engine that he said I could take off and run that to the turbo. This is basically a 4" hose that appears to connects to two things (of which I'm not sure). He said that it's basically does nothing and that I could take that hose off and get two hoses -One to the turbo and the other coming back to the other side that-that (4" hose) connects to. Hope this makes sense. He also mentioned that I could just disconnect the water hose to the turbo all together and just let it idle to prevent the turbo from getting coked up. Does this sound logical to you dubbers?

Thanks, Chris

88 16v IHI Turbo Scirocco
Reply to
PJ4LIFE