Airbag Fault light in 2000.5 Passat

My "2000.5" 2.0L turbo Passat has been reliable and maintenance-cheap through 115K miles. I looked around on the Internet for clues on this airbag fault light. There are some vague suggestions about grabbing a diagnostics module and getting a code but no hands-on advice

I haven't had any accidents of bumps so I expect the fault is "secondary". I'd like to ignore it but I carry teenagers and lots of friends in my front seat.

Thanks for any input.

Neil

Reply to
Neil

What country sells a 2000.5 Passat with a 2.0L turbo engine? I have seen

2000 & 2001 Passats with a 1.8t engine here in the USA.

Probably a sensor under the driver's seat. Sometimes cleaning and tightening up terminals in the plug under the seat will solve the problem but you will still need to clear the fault(s).

Need to try scan the module for diagnostic trouble codes! Guessing is no fun! ;-) I would recommend Autozone here in the USA for free scans. ross-tech.com sells excellent tools to scan your car for faults plus more. It is also an investment where most recoup almost all of their costs from buying one of their tools. ;-) ebay.com sells the clones!

Here are two Passat specific yahoo groups you can join. snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1