Airbag Light?

Hello:

I had a Passat flood recently and had to pull up the passenger side carpet.

I pulled the passenger seat and drove it in that condition.

The Airbag Fault Panel message would pop up and the Airbag Light would remain lit.

I just put the seat back in and the Airbag Fault message is gone but the Airbag Light remains lit.

Will it eventually go out or does the dealer need to reset something for $$$$?

Thanks

Jim

PS:Reply to group....

Reply to
JTM065

Did you first fix the cause of the water leak. As for the air bag you must use a scan tool to reset the light. I have never seen one go out on it's own.

Reply to
Woodchuck