Airbag warning light

Recently I had the A/C serviced on my 98 Jetta GLS and the mechanic removed the passenger side airbag as part of his work. Upon re-installing it, the airbag warning light remained on. They said they tried (unsuccessfully) to reset it. Then I followed the procedure in the Bentley manual to reset the light but doesn't work either.

Is it possible something else got damaged in the airbag system? Is there anything else I can try to reset the light?

Thanks

Hector

Reply to
Hector

I would guess they powered the car 'on' before they reconnected the airbag and set the code. I would also guess they don't have VAG-Com.

Jim

Reply to
jbx2

Since it's an A/C shop they don't have VAG-Com and it's evident they never disconnected the battery to do what they did... the radio was working.

Is still possible to reset the airbag controller now?

Reply to
Hector

Not without a scanner.

(unsuccessfully)

Reply to
Woodchuck

Thanks Woodchuck. I guess I'll have to visit my nearest VW dealer

Reply to
Hector