Alarm Fob Programming, 1994 VW Golf 1.8 Driver

Hi to all

I've been having problems with the remote control alarm/immobiliser fob on my 1994 VW Golf 1.8 Driver. The alarm/immobiliser is the factory fitted one that came as an extra on the mk 3s.

I have found a new fob on ebay and was wondering how to reprogramme it so that it will activate/deactive my alarm. VW want =A360 to do the job.

The problem I have with my old fob is that it works only 'now and then' and sometimes can take me 5 or 10 mins to get into or to lock my car. I have changed the battery and this helped a little but it still suffers from the same ailments.

A picture of the alarm fob can be seen at:

(This is the fob Iintend to bid on).

Any help greatly appreciated - please email me:

p DOT m DOT reid -AT- durham DOT ac DOT uk

Reply to
Pete_Reid