another! 8v gti performance question

Hi all .. I have an 92 8v gti. I have a ABD big bore intake connected to a p.o.s. ram air filter .. and a restrictive, almost motorcycle-like, exhaust .. the exhaust helped 1st gear out a lot even tho it is loud as hell .. but my vw mechanic recommended a stroker engine for my 135k mile car. I am doing the most important step before doing any mod and that is making your car in perfect runnng condition ..

With that said, they recommended me buying a 93-98 2.0 av block, 98 tdi crankshaft, 16v 2.0 piston correction rods, and a 1.8 16v head. .. .. I have a

87 16v gti that i'm junking but it is a broken car ... what should I do for more performance all around ..? I'm thinkin of adjusting my intake to get away from the hot engine air (just making sure its something i can use when its raining out, which companies like abd racing don't have) .. i was thinkin of gettin a g-grind camshaft, but thinkin of ways to make up for the torque lost .. so basically guys .. my questions are .. is the stroker engine upgrade worth it? what performance will I gain and for how much? and what should I buy/adjust otherwise, if not?

I appreciate any help guys ...

Thanks in Advance!!!

Reply to
Promising Lie

Well having the 16V engine should allow better breathing at higher rpms. So you should have a much stronger engine all the way around! How do you propose fueling this beast? You currently have the Digifant II system which IIRC is not on most of the GTis with 16Vs.

Of course there is the G60 option. :-)

dave