Any experience with PBR Ceramic brake pads?

Looking to replace the pads on my '03 GTI VR6. I'll stick with Brembo OEM rotors and was wondering if ceramic pads are all they're cracked up to be. Actually, can't decide between PBR Ceramics, Hawk Ceramics or Hawk HPS for sporty street driving. This car doesn't get tracked or x-crossed. But, as a daily driver, safety is paramount. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

Reply to
dmkozak

Not on a VW but my son put a set of ceramic pads on his 96 jeep Cherokee and stopping power is vastly improved.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

I went with the pad (grade I suppose) below ceramic, PBR brand - and they are great... My mechanic said the ceramics would be even better, perhaps next time I'd try them... Took these pads a little while to become properly seated and stop squealing (slightly) at low speeds and light brake pressure.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

We have ceramics on one of our other cars and the amount of brake dust on the wheels has been drastically reduced. Stopping power seems comparable.

Reply to
Dino