Reply to
dieseltdi

We pick up ours tomorrow.

Reply to
Wakeley Purple

Reply to
Mike Needham

Yes , Son-in law. Of course ;-)

Hey - you could ask him if the back seat in the Passat is big enough...

Reply to
HooHa

Can I tell you how cool my wagon is? whisper quiet. torque that will uproot trees. A car I dont have to put the seat max back to fit into. I have recovered from the sticker shock. I'm trying to remember the benefits of gasoline powered cars....

Reply to
Mike

How bad was the sticker shock?

Reply to
Mike K

Whiplash inducing acceleration. Besides that, not much IMHO.

Reply to
David Magda

GAH!

I am jealous of all of you who can buy TDIs. Even more so that you can get a Passat TDI.

I live in Maine, where they're not available.

Reply to
Mr. A

If they made the 2.5 V6 TDI available, I'd want one. The 2.0 is too small for the Passat, though, IMO. Either way, I can't get one either in NY.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Actually the 134 hp of the 2.0 with 247 lb/ft of torque is more than adequate for the Passat. I have trouble keeping it at the speedlimit as it accelerates so fast and quietly that you are going 80 before you know it. It has been said before but here goes again: "Horsepower is used by advertisers and dealers to sell cars but torque is what you feel when you drive them." Horsepower is useless if you must turn 5-6000 rpms to get it. With the TDI you get all the HP you have right at 1900 rpms and this is where you spend virtually all the time driving. That is unless you are one of those idiots that floors the pedal after every light turns green and then has to suddenly stop when the next one turns red. Hayden

Reply to
dieseltdi

I work at a VW dealership in Connecticut, we sold our first few days ago. I still have couple more and few are coming.

Michael Kheyfets Internet Sales Manager Riverbank Volkswagen Phone: 203.984.1006 Phone: 1.888.992.9930 e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@riverbankvw.com

The best compliment a customer can give, is a referral

Reply to
Riverbank Volkswagen

To each his own. I consider the 2.8V6 (190 hp, 206 lb-ft) to be adequate, but certainly not overpowered - so I doubt I'd feel any better about the 2.0 TDI.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

You can't BUY one in Maine, but there is absolutely nothing to keep you from buying one in NH or elsewhere and registering it in Maine. My roommate is a Westbrook City Clerk - this is what she does. Check with your town office. Silly but true!

Kevin Rhodes Westbrook, Maine

02 Golf TDI
Reply to
Kevin Rhodes

I friend of mine had a VR6 Jetta and wanted to replace it with a V5 Jetta. I told him to test-drive a 1.9 litre Audi A4 (130bhp) and he was so impressed he immediately ordered the diesel Audi. Go and drive a diesel, cruise in 6th gear and then feel the torque when you want to pass a car. You'll be hooked!

Reply to
Ernest

It's a moot point anyway. The Passat TDI is not sold in California, or in a number of northeastern states, including New York, where I live. Maybe come 2006 I'll be looking for another car...

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith